Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mr. Mamma

While I have a lot more to say about Sweden and how ridiculously excited I am to be heading there in two months from Sunday, and how amped I am on my apartment, and how frustrating the language is, I'm at work right now, so this article on Sweden's parental leave policies, which has created a status quo of both men and women taking signifacant time off from work to raise a child, and the acceptance and institutionalization of women's rights and feminist thought ("...some women complain that Swedish men are too politically correct even to flirt at a bar..."), was pretty great. This entire country seems great. I want to go to there.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ms. Haack,
    Weirdly, last year we had a Swedish intern too. o.0
    Also let's hang out.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete