Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alive and Well

Greetings from Sweden! Sorry it's taken me so long to update; between settling in, galavanting across northern Europe, and meeting people and exploring Gothenburg, I've had very little downtime. My first week here has been great, though. Gothenburg is absolutely gorgeous. I did some superficial exploring the first two days here, but yesterday I saw the large majority of the city during an exchange student orientation activity. We were divided into teams and sent on a wild goose chase through Gothenburg, answering trivia questions and trying to barter useless items with locals, but it was good to see the western and northern parts of the city that are a bit further from the university. I also met some really cool people, and last night we went out to the bars in the more student-oriented part of town; I had no idea so many Swedes had mohawks.


                                  

(more pictures on Picasa)

On Monday, I made a trip to the Netherlands. Look who I found there!


Leiden was real swell. There were many canals, many bike rides along the Dutch countryside, many fine beers, and many many many servings of risotto and pasta from some very friendly Greeks we met at a bar.



The Greeks were very much into dancing, and very much into making Thomas join them. Anyways, I'll post pictures of my apartment once it's fully decorated. Major indecision regarding the placement of posters and pictures. I love love love having my own apartment, though. It's glorious. Like, right now I am wearing only a robe, sipping on some tea, and listening to Taylor Swift ad nauseum; that's actually a lot like dorm life, but still.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, it looks beautiful there! I'm glad you're having a good time. I miss you, as do the other ladies of 704...and our couch!

    ReplyDelete