Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Unbearable

As dark as it was in Sweden this winter, the flip side is that it is now completely bright by 5:30 AM, and remains that way until 9:30 PM. While my internal clock has been feeling a little wonky lately (I no longer feel hungry before 10 PM), I've loved being woken up naturally by a lovely sunbeam spreading across my bed, or catching some rays on my walk home from a late-night yoga class. The ever-present sunlight, coupled with veritable springtime weather (I've been kicking it in shorts and a tank top of late, helll yeah), has rekindled my love affair with Sweden, a passion that was extinguished by six miserable months of winter.

This morning, I woke up to the sight of snow*. It is currently noon and the temperature has not yet reached 40º F. I think it's time to go home. Speaking of things that went home, I sent my winter coats, scarves, gloves, hats, etc. back to the States with my parents. You know what that means:


Time to hibernate.

*Today I woke up to snow, and yesterday I woke up to news of Osama Bin Laden's death. I don't even know anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment